Outsource Your Business’s Warehousing to a Trusted 3PL Provider
Where your products are stored is as important as how your products get to their destination. That’s why Crown LSP Group provides short-term and long-term storage in secure 3PL warehousing facilities equipped with the latest fire-prevention systems. We also offer Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) with bar-code capability to ensure your products are always where you need them when you need them.
When you choose to partner with Crown, you can confidently outsource warehouse responsibilities, allowing you to save valuable time, resources, and money. We’ll take care of your warehousing and distribution so you can focus on other aspects of your business, like manufacturing and selling your products.
Achieve Supply Chain Efficiency With Our Warehouse Solutions
We offer customized and standard contract warehousing arrangements on our existing properties and are willing to expand our warehousing services into new markets/areas to suit your special requirements. Crown also offers on-site inventory management and workforce options that may work better for your company.
Crown can lease an entire warehouse or a designated area within one of our facilities to your company, and you can provide the management and workforce to operate the warehouse. Our services also include short- and long-term contract durations so that you can use that warehouse space for just the time you need.
We know that every business has unique requirements, so we will work with you to find customized warehouse storage solutions and services to meet your budget and needs. We’ll make sure that you only pay for the services and space you need when you need it.
Strategic East Coast Warehouse Location
Crown LSP Group is strategically positioned in Rocky Mount, NC at the intersection of the I-95 corridor and US-64; also providing quick access to I-85 and I-40.
Our warehouses are located within 12 hours of three-fourths of the US population, making our “crossroads” location ideal for any company wanting to operate an east coast distribution center. We are convenient to Wilmington, NC and Charleston, SC seaports, and only a two-hour haul from the Hampton Roads / Norfolk, VA port.
North Carolina is a burgeoning hot spot for industrial business in the U.S. In 2019, it was named Forbes Magazine’s Best State for Business for the third year. The area’s popularity is due in part to the room available for industrial expansions, its low labor costs and the fact that it is far less congested than other metropolitan areas. It’s a great place to operate a business — especially when you have a warehousing partner you can trust.
Our Warehouse Facility Features
At Crown, we offer a wide assortment of third-party logistics and warehousing services that can be scaled or customized to meet your needs.
To provide the best warehousing solution for your business, our facilities are equipped with the latest protection and technology:
- Security: Our 24-hour video security monitoring, ensures all of our warehouse facilities are fully secured to protect and store your products.
- Fire Protection: Each of our warehouse locations also has the latest fire prevention technologies for added peace of mind.
- Temperature-Controlled: For products with specialized storage requirements, we offer temperature-controlled spaces, too.
Our warehouse facilities also include the following features:
- Short- and Long-Term Storage
- Temperature-Controlled Space
- 24-Hour Video Security Monitoring
- Sprinkler Systems
- Fully-Integrated Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Bar Code Capabilities
Combine your storage solution with any of our other services for optimized logistics and streamlined warehousing operations.
How 3PL Warehouses Benefit Your Business
Third-party warehousing options give your business the flexibility you need to pay for only the services you use when you use them. This flexibility protects your bottom line, especially when you experience fluctuations in your sales or productivity. You’ll only pay for the storage space and the WMS features you use.
Additionally, our 3PL warehousing services give you the option to outsource your warehouse staffing to Crown employees. These services take a lot of personnel management issues off your plate.
Warehousing Capabilities That Span Several Industries
Our 3PL warehouse expertise spans several industries, from retail to pharmaceutical. If you’re looking for quality warehouse solutions and industry-leading customer service, we are the choice for your business.
3PL Warehousing Services FAQs
Warehousing is a process that involves storing items from a manufacturer before fulfilling them directly at our facility or shipping them to another fulfillment location. Get answers to some of the most frequent questions we receive about storage and warehousing services below.
A 3PL warehouse typically offers a wide variety of services, such as:
- Temperature-controlled storage
- Long-term and short-term warehousing
- Aftermarket support
- Consolidation services
- Home delivery services
- Reverse logistics services
- Inventory management services
- End-to-end supply chain solutions
- Integrated distribution networks for timely, efficient transportation services
- Warehousing services to facilitate easier access to target markets in different locations
Warehouses come in a variety of sizes and shapes, including:
- 3PL warehouses: A 3PL warehouse offers comprehensive fulfillment services, such as receiving, warehousing, order processing and shipping. A 3PL warehouse service provider may also render services like returns processing and customer service.
- Distribution centers: Distribution centers are specialized storage spaces for specific products. A distribution center is used for temporarily storing goods, receiving merchandise and distributing goods according to received orders. Distribution centers also offer services like order fulfillment, storage and packaging.
- Public warehouses: A public warehouse is a business that offers short- or long-term storage solutions on a monthly basis. A public warehouse may offer a variety of services, such as inventory management, physical inventory counts and warehouse shipping. Companies can rent commercial inventory space.
- Private warehouses: A private warehouse, also referred to as a proprietary warehouse, is a storage facility that is often owned by a larger company or single manufacturing unit to store and ship merchandise. This type of warehouse can be operated in a company or organization as a separate division. Private warehouses also function as distribution centers for finished merchandise.
- Cooperative warehouses: A cooperative society owns a cooperative warehouse and manages it, offering storage to members at an affordable rate. The purpose of this warehouse is to help community members rather than make a profit.
There are a few differences between warehouse services and 3PL logistics. Typically, a public warehouse offers a more limited number of services than a 3PL provider. While a public warehouse may offer a space to store inventory, you will not get additional services like product movement coordination or packaging and shipping management. In contrast, 3PL logistics takes your needs into account and offers more comprehensive services.
The types of fulfillment services a warehouse provider offers include:
- Shipping: The majority of fulfillment facilities utilize the main carriers in the nation, though a warehouse provider may allow you to select from a range of carriers so you can pick the best option for your shipments.
- Cross-docking: Another fulfillment service that a warehouse provider may offer is cross-docking. This approach enables backorders to be filled rapidly, as the items flow to the receiving dock directly from the shipping dock. With cross-docking, you can turn around a container of backorders all in the same day.
- Order processing: Order fulfillment refers to the actions involved in sending out your orders. When a consumer makes a purchase, the 3PL gets an electronic copy of that transaction. This initiates the picking and packing process.
- Returns processing: Returns processing, also known as reverse logistics, can be managed by a 3PL unless you prefer to manage returns yourself.
- Picking and packing: Picking and packing are two essential fulfillment services that warehouse providers may offer. This process involves finding items on a shelf from a list and packaging them for delivery.
- Storage and warehousing: Storage is a standard service that warehouse providers typically offer. Inventory management and demand forecasting can help you maintain a lean supply chain so you can save money on warehousing and inventory.
Some of the benefits of utilizing warehouse services for an e-commerce business include:
- Saving time.
- Managing your stress.
- Better organizing your products.
- Shipping to customers more quickly.
If you want to utilize 3PL storage space and services, you should first know the pricing and costs associated with these services. Typical fees include:
- Return fees
- Setup fees
- Packaging fees
- Work order fees
- Onboarding fees
- Shipping charges
- Label printing fees
- Pick and pack fees
- Account management fees
- Warehousing and storage fees
- Shipping and receiving fees
Warehouses are mostly used to store products until they’re needed, and they tend to store products for long periods of time. In contrast, distribution centers have a quicker flow rate for products from storage to delivery.
Why Choose Crown LSP as Your 3PL Warehouse Provider?
Crown is a family-owned and -operated business deeply rooted in Rocky Mount and the Twin Counties community. We are invested in safety and providing continuous improvement to our services so that we can help your business reach its maximum potential.
We take pride in implementing industry standard distribution center best practices to ensure that our warehouses are operating as efficiently as possible. When choosing to partner with us, you are getting a dedicated team that will work to help you reach your distribution goals.
When you work with Crown, you’re more than a client — you become our partner in our business. We work as an extension of your company to perform whatever services you need, from storage and transportation to fully outsourced warehousing and added-value services.