Temperature-Controlled 3PL Warehousing Services
If you have a product that has specific storage requirements, figuring out the best way to store it can be a challenge. Save time, money and resources by letting Crown handle the challenge of setting up and maintaining a temperature-controlled environment for your inventory.
What Is Temperature-Controlled Warehousing?
A temperature-controlled warehouse is a storage facility that maintains a specific temperature range by either heating or cooling the space. Temperature-regulating units are placed strategically around the warehouse to meet the requirement of temperature-sensitive products.
The desired temperature range will vary depending on the requirements of the products, the 3PL provider and the location of the warehouse, but it typically falls between 59 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
Your 3PL provider will carefully monitor the temperature in the warehouse to ensure it stays in the required range for your products.
Temperature Control vs. Climate Control
While temperature control and climate control may seem interchangeable, they are different specifications that should be clarified to protect your products. Climate-controlled warehouses offer temperature control as well as humidity control for products that are sensitive to high moisture levels in the air.
If the inventory you need to store is sensitive to moisture levels, you’ll want to request our climate-controlled warehouse services.
Types of Products That Require Temperature Control
At Crown, we work with a number of clients in various industries. We partner with companies that produce consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and medical equipment. Every client is unique, and their inventories require customized solutions and conditions for storage and maintenance — including temperature-controlled warehouses.
Some of the most common products that require temperature-controlled warehouse storage include:
- Food and beverages: Even nonperishable items can suffer from exposure to excessively hot or cold temperatures. Food products can melt, freeze or even spoil completely.
- Electronics and medical equipment: Electrical components can suffer from exposure to heat or cold. Parts shrink and expand and batteries become less effective. Some medical equipment requires colder temperatures for sterility as well.
- Cosmetics: Exposure to extreme temperatures can make cosmetics melt or freeze, causing permanent damage to the products.
- Supplements: Improper storage of supplements can shorten their shelf life. Plus, gummy supplements may melt in hot environments.
- Pharmaceuticals: Warehouse storage of pharmaceutical supplies is subject to strict government regulations. Fluctuations in temperature could alter the chemical structure of medication and make it less potent or totally ineffective.
How Crown LSP Group Can Help
Crown offers a full range of warehousing and other logistic services to help you optimize the workflow of your company.
When you trust a 3PL provider like Crown to take care of your temperature-controlled warehousing needs, we can take some things off of your plate so that you can focus on the money-making aspects of your business like production and sales.
Crown is a local, family-owned and -operated business with deep ties to our community in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. We work as an extension of your company to ensure your work is completed efficiently and according to your requirements.
We know that every company has unique needs, so we work with each of our clients to develop customized solutions. You’ll only pay for the services you use and the warehouse space you need — when you need it.
Contact Us to Get Started
Let Crown store and monitor your goods in our temperature-controlled facilities. Ready to get started? Request a quote online or contact us to speak with a team member who can help build a custom solutions package for your business.